Old August 19th 03, 07:27 AM
Pati Cook

No, I am married to a different SciFi/Fantasy writer............ Rick Cook. He
does have books out. A series dealing with magic and computers and full of
puns. And my favorite of his is "Mall Purchase Night" , the heroine of which is
the owner of a shop called "Bell, Book and....... Candle shop".

A real giggle.

I never have been able to keep inside the lines, always want to draw new ones
G.

Pati, in Phx

Diana Curtis wrote:

Ahhh the BOM. Im just hoping I can come up with something that appeals to a
wide range of tastes and abilitys!
Id like to hear more about your punster husband! You arent married to Piers
Anthony are you?
Thank you for sharing your quilting story too. I happen to like people who
arent afraid of coloring outside of the lines. :-)
Diana, healing well!!!

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Thanks, I think. G Actually, my grandmother also was a quilter. My

Mom
doesn't remember it, but I do remember seeing some of the quilts that she
finished. But I never really *looked* at them. Then Mom found a top, that
Grandma had pieced, when going through Grandpa's stuff after he died. I

have it
to quilt, and it has to be hand quilted of course since she hand pieced

it. It
is a Boston Commons set, but no wide parts, all 2" (?) squares. Mom

recognizes
some of the fabrics as being from her kindergarden dresses, and some of

her
sister's dresses and aprons and such. I will do simple quilting and get

it
finished. soon I hope.

I guess I do have a rather warped outlook on life sometimes G. Must

have
something to do with living with a writer who is a born punster for the

last 20+
years. G

Keep healing Diana, I want to know more about this BOM thing that keeps

being
mentioned.

Pati, in Phx (who really needs another project to keep up with.........)

Diana Curtis wrote:

Wow, you sure have grown in the craft! Im glad youre here to share your
knowledge and also cause your posts are usually a hoot!
Thank you for sharing your tale, all of them have been interesting.
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"Pati Cook" wrote in message
Well, I have been on RCTQ for not quite 2 years. I finally got the
computer set
up, and the net account up and running. DH sat down with me and said

what
newsgroup should we check out. I said "quilting", so he called up
quilting
newsgrous, this was the first on the list and I never checked any

others.
That
was in January of 2001.
I stay because it is fun, educational and I like the people and byplay
that goes
on.
Quilting was an outgrowth of sewing in general for me. My degree is

in
Clothing
and Textiles, almost a master's in C&T along with work toward a

master's
in
Adult Ed. I was working at House of Fabrics (assistant manager/sewing
machine
manager) when HoF was bought by the company that became Jo-Ann Stores.
Stayed
on through many changes in 3 years, finally got fed up enough to quit.
One of
the things that led to my quitting also led to my quilting. G We

had
to wear
a "uniform" for JAS. Khaki bottoms and white shirts (or shirts with

the
JAS
logo we could purchase from a specfic company ) Had to have some way

channel
the creative sewing I needed to do. (As much as I was working I

wasn't
wearing
much but uniform, and what other clothes I already had were sitting in

the
closet) So I started with some quilting. I had taken a beginning

hand
quilting
class several years ago, and just went on from there.
Now I am finally beginning to teach quilt classes and design my own
quilts.
Eventually I hope to have some of my designs out for sale as patterns

(a
couple
of people have already asked about buying patterns of a couple of my
quilts.)
Have some ideas for quilt books and want to become a really good

teacher.

Hope this entertains you some what,

Pati, in Phx.

Diana Curtis wrote:

Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my

spirits
up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent

energy to
do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me

if
you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you

stay,
and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your

quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these

..
then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,