Old August 19th 03, 01:41 AM
Johanna Gibson

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:00:03 -0700, "Diana Curtis"
wrote:

Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my spirits up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy to do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me if you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you stay, and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these .. then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored

I read RCTQ for several months before I posted the first time. I
had to learn all the abbreviations - were more used in the past or do
I just imagine it? - and then I had to think of a question that I
thought was worthy enough of everyone's time. I can't remember what
it was now!
I stay because I have read over 100 books on quilting and none of
them match up to the vast experience provided by this group. The
range and diversity of textile interests and experience that are found
at RCTQ among the regulars and lurkers is truly astounding.
What I hope to find in my quilting future is the energy and drive to
do more contemporary pieces, with bold use of colors and shapes! I
have made myself a promise - no more quilts of just squares (2 tatw to
my name now, and a bargello of sorts). From now on I want to learn a
new technique with every project I do, not just repeat past successes.
I hope these answers have entertained you!

-- Jo in Scotland