Old August 18th 03, 04:28 PM
Diana Curtis

There is Always enough stash to bother thinking about a raid.
I can hardly wait to see where you go next with this craft. Your sense of
colors is wonderful. Ill help J come over and we can finish your UFOs. How
does that sound?
Thanks for coming out of the shadows to help keep me amused and sane!
Diana

--
http://photos.yahoo.com/lunamom44
"cas" wrote in message

(snipped lots)
"Jalynne" wrote in message
ink.net...
If i could do nothing but quilt, I'd be happy. Piecing is a real pain

for
me,
because I like to rush to get through making the top so I can quilt

it...LOL. But
i'm getting much better. I'm also learning to appreciate hand applique,

ok, and
machine applique, too. I've made it a goal to challenge myself to learn

couple of
new techniques every year. That goal has been put to the side for a

little while,
but next summer, I'll be ready to jump in again with both feet and quilt

my fingers
off. I love the fact that there is so much to learn, and that beautiful

things can
happen with little bits of fabric sewn with love, whether by hand or

machine.
--
Jalynne

how about you move here like i suggested n buy out the neighbours from

hell
and i'll do the piecing and you do the quilting and we'll both be happy ?

my start here was through accidently finding the needlework ng about 4

years
ago (when i was about to dump the net account through boredom) when i
searched on cross stitch. after lurking and sometimes posting there i read
some posts about the quilting ng (pre quilting days for me) and checked it
out. found this group much had a much friendlier feel and decided to hang
around and then discovered there was more to patchwork than grandmothers
flower garden and double wedding ring patterns that i'd tried and hated
about 15 years earlier and started experimenting and got thoroughly

hooked.
haven't finished a lot of quilts yet but i am getting a good stash of

ufo's
plus when i cleaned the sewing room i discovered i had more stash than i
thought (not enough for anyone to raid though so don't get any ideas). my
hand sewing (and machine sewing to a lesser extent) has improved heaps

since
starting - i mainly hand piece and quilt because i can't sit at the

machine
long enough to do much. now i just need to FINISH some quilts so i can go

on
to more fun ones like the family tree quilts i'm planning for me and my

sis
(plus the denim ones to keep the brothers quiet) and kaleidoscopes (a bed
and a wallhanging one). i eventually want to be able to make some art

quilts
that people will want to display (along with the ones that are MEANT to be
used and abused and enjoyed til they fall apart).

cas

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
Im recovering well... certain things coming in the mail keep my

spirits
up,
thank you muchly! But the days linger long sometimes. I havent energy

do
much yet, but you, yes YOU, have the power to entertain and amuse me

if
you
feel like it, and I hope you do...
Would you please tell me how you came to post at RCTQ, and why you

stay,
and
how you came to be a quilter and what you hope to find in your

quilting
future. Maybe everyone else will get some pleasure in reading these ..

then
I wont feel so selfish! lol
Thanks in advance,
Diana the slightly bored