Old August 17th 03, 08:03 PM
K. Reece

Well, okay. On Widows 2000 and XP you need to find the Administrative
tools. In XP open the control panel and click on "performance and
maintenance" and then administrative tools. Open that and then double
click on "services." Scroll down the list until you get to "messenger."
Click on it to highlight it and then right click on it. Click on
properties. In the box that opens up there is a little drop down menu arrow
beside where it says start up type. In the box it says automatic. Change
that to manual or disable. Then below that there's another area that says
service status, click stop. Then click applyok and you're all done. No
more nasty gray box pop ups!! You'll still get all the web site advertising
pop ups though.

The instructions for windows 98 are a bit different. Let me know if anyone
wants those.

Kathy in Ks.
"Neeej" wrote in message
If you mean those gray box "messenger
service" pop ups email me and I'll tell you how to get rid of them really
easy.

I wanna know too---tell us all?
-- Jean S