Old November 11th 03, 09:44 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "QuiltShopHopper"

is special baby wash really better than just bar soap?

DD says YES with great emphasis -- LOL!! Little Raechel *loves* to
have a bath and the best part is having mommy wipe the nice slippery soap all
over her. She giggles and laughs and splashes her arms and legs! DD said she
ran out of the baby wash and used bar soap and it just wasn't the same for the
baby!

is Dreft really better laundry soap than any other?

Another resounding YES on this one. Newborns have such sensitive
skin that just about *anything* can irritate it! When I got all the stuff for
the baby at the garage sale, I made sure I rinsed it about three times to make
sure all the soap was out because all I had was Tide! Raechel must have
*really* sensative skin because DD can't use dryer sheets or *any* type of
fabric softener in the baby's wash. The kiddo always gets a funky rash from
it!
You have gotten loads of great ideas from everyone *except* for what DD
thinks is THE best thing every!!! It's one of those Shopping Cart seat covers!
They are horrendously expensive if you buy them in the store and are
unbelievably easy to make! I bought a pattern online and made one for the baby
in just a few hours. think about taking a little one to the grocery store and
plonking her in that cart. What's the first thing the kid will do??? Yep --
try to eat the handle and anything else she can get in her mouth! YUCK -- all
theose nasty germs!!! Now I am not a germ fanatic but letting a little one put
her mouth on the handle of a grocery cart is wayyyyyy to gross for me!!! So,
my additional recommendation is for you to make -- IF POSSIBLE -- one of the
shopping cart seat covers! It does take about 2 1/2 yards of fabric but it can
be el cheapo fabric so that doesn't have to be a big expense. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!