Old November 10th 03, 07:36 PM
Charlotte

TwinMom wrote:

1) How do you feel about a father accompanying his very young daughter into
the women's restroom to use the facilities? Would you feel threatened or
offended, or would you understand the situation?

I would feel uncomfortable. When I was young my father took me to the
mens room. There are stalls there too. I don't remember much except
*really having to go*!

2) If you, or your family has experienced this problem with dads/daughters,
how did you address it?
3) Not important, but I am starting to get "looks" at having my little boys
in the facilities with me. Do any of you take offense at boy children, say
under 10, in the woman's restroom with their mothers?

I would look askance at a boy of 10 in the ladies' room with me. I think
above about 6 is unnecessary. In the mid-eighties (not so very long ago)
I was taking the public bus downtown at 8 years old to get to my ballet
class by myself. I learned how to deal with strangers. I should think an
8 year old could manage a 2 minute restroom break with mom standing
outside the door. Going back to the thread on being afraid, dealing with
unfamiliar situations is a life skill a parent should teach his/her child.

-Charlotte