Old November 10th 03, 06:55 PM
georg

TwinMom wrote:

1) How do you feel about a father accompanying his very young daughter into
the women's restroom to use the facilities?

Dad is there with her, therefore she should be fine with him in the mens
room. As soon as she doesn't need assistance, she should go alone. While
I may be willing to take a strange little girl in to the loo and help
her with her drawers, I can see where neither parent may be comfortable
with a strange woman caring for the daughter, and that isn't usually a
good idea. But I don't want a man in the women's bathroom, with or
without small child in tow.

2) If you, or your family has experienced this problem with dads/daughters,
how did you address it?

I have taken my neice into the loo with me. I've watched over a strange
child before for a man who didn't feel right taking his daughter into
the men's room. But I have no kids of my own.

3) Not important, but I am starting to get "looks" at having my little boys
in the facilities with me. Do any of you take offense at boy children, say
under 10, in the woman's restroom with their mothers?

If the little boy is able to do up his own drawers, he has no business
in the womens room. A 9-year-old doesn't belong in the ladies room,
unless obviously mentally handicapped. He can go the mens room with mom
waiting outside. Make sure he knows he has a time limit, or you are
coming in after him. This is what I did with my nephews. If the boy is
obviously young enough to need help with his drawers, I don't mind him
in the ladies room. But even then, my nephew wanted to go on his own. He
just came out on his own holding his pants up, and I did the fastening then.

-georg