Old August 18th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
katieW.

Default ARRRRGHHHHH [RANT]

huh. Not the JC Penney's with whom I've delt.....

I got a call at 630AM on a Freaking Saturday morning, with some yahoo
trying to tell me that my account was past due.

I informed him:

1. that it was 630AM.

2. I'd made my payment 2 days ago with a customer service agent, if
he'd kindly look in my records

I asked for his supervisor. He HUNG UP on me. I called back, got a
supervisor, read them the riot act and later that day I walked into
JCPenneys, paid off my account, and told the Store Manager exactly when
I was handing him my Penney's card in little pieces.

feh.

katie

Vibrant Jewels wrote:
J C Penney's Rules of Customer Service:
1. The Customer is ALWAYS right.
2. If the customer is wrong, refer to rule # 1!
LOL
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
"Kandice Seeber" wrote in message
. ..
Wow - you're right - some businesses just should not exist! Do they think
customers grow on trees?

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
"Kalera" wrote in message
. ..
I swear, some companies have NO excuse for being in business!
I ordered some background paper and other equipment from Adorama.com
several weeks ago... about $100 worth of stuff all together. The tripod
and light box arrived just fine, but they sent the wrong color of
background paper. Pearl Grey instead of Studio Grey.

Now, with most companies this would be no big deal; you email them, they
send a call tag, and replace the item with the correct item.

Not Adorama! No. First they send me this "I'm sorry you ordered the wrong
thing, here's how to return it" email. Then, they completely fail to
reply to my emails or phone calls explaining that it was not my mistake,
but their mistake... this despite the fact that I printed out the website
order confirmation screen (always, always print your order confirmation!)
that showed I'd ordered Studio Grey. I keep calling and emailing, am left
interminably on hold, finally get through to someone, get transferred to
some other department, call gets dropped. Repeat. Finally, a week later,
I get to TALK TO SOMEONE who sends a UPS call tag, yay!

Then my card is credited for the purchase price, no refund in shipping,
no replacement item. To top it off, EVERYONE I have spoken to there has
been rude. RUDE! One woman, I had just started explaining the situation,
and she cuts me off and says "May I FINALLY have your order number?"

I call again today and get someone, explain the whole scenario, they
transfer me to the sales department to have them ship a replacement. The
sales guy hears part of my story and transfers me right back to Customer
Service before I have the chance to protest, where I waited on hold
interminably before just saying "SCREW IT!" and hanging up.

I don't have my background paper. I have paid to ship my background paper
to me, and now I'm going to have to pay another vendor to ship me the
correct color. I'm out a few dollars, but at this point I'm going to
chalk it up to experience... I'm not willing to spend any more time on
the phone with that company. I'm not doing business with them EVER again.

What's funny is that the same week I placed that order, I placed one with
Grand Brass, who also shipped the wrong thing. The difference is, I
called Grand Brass, and with a call that lasted less than two minutes I
had a call tag on the way. I sent back the tubing, and they replaced it
with the correct tubing within a week. Do I love Grand Brass? Hell yes! I
will order from them in a heartbeat! I know they'll take care of their
mistakes, without hassle.

whew

Thanks for letting me rant!
--