Old December 15th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Default Ping NightMist

On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 21:24:52 -0600, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:

I'm thinking Dec. 15 was the date for 'the evil almost-mother-of-the-bride'
to come thru with the money for the gown you made. Since that would be
Saturday, I was wondering if you'd heard anything? Fingers crossed it's
sitting there at the courthouse waiting for you to pick up your check!
Don't keep us in suspense! VBG

So far nothing.
I made a mark on the calendar on the 20th so I can try to put it as
far out of my mind as is reasonable during the holiday busyness.
Though every time I have to reach into the broiler to light the oven,
or try to coax more than one burner at a time into life on the
stovetop, I tend to think about it! I figure any and all excuses can
be cast aside if I give five days bonus to her. Plus it gives a due
amount of consideration to holiday mail clogs, and etc. I would guess
that she would wait until the very last second to send it.
At least I have heard nothing about appeals or other such stuff.

DH pointed out to me the other day that my landlord never installed
the gas valve on the stove line, so unhooking the old one and hooking
in a new one is going to be an adventure.

NightMist
--

The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the
majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with