Old January 30th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Both are beautiful kitties.

--
Mary (Idaho to Oregon via Montana)

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
: Yuppers, while I was slaving away at work today DH took the DDs to the
local
: animal shelter to see the cats (something we've been doing since Merlot
: passed). Maddy had reached the go-kart goal she'd been set and all
systems
: were go.
:
: Please allow me to introduce to you..... Maisie the Majestic (warning -
not
: her best photo)
:
:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph
:
: and Sampson the Sexy
:
:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph
:
: Maisie (2 years old) is Sampson's (18 months) mum, he was born when she
: was just six months old and he is now double her size. They were found
: abandoned in an old box at a factory and when they were found (October 05)
: Sampson was still suckling mum!! Plus she was pregnant with another
litter
: which the shelter, by law, had to abort. They had cat flu and so had not
: been put on display and by the time they were over the flu, again by law,
: the shelter was unable to put them on display because they'd had them
longer
: than the 28 days they are allowed to keep all abandoned animals. So
they'd
: had them out the back. DH found their pictures on the shelter's website
and
: went in and asked to see them.
:
: The poor volunteers were in floods of tears when we adopted them and gave
: the cats lots of parting gifts, they were that happy to see them homed.
:
: So at the moment Maisie is downstairs and Sampson is upstairs sleeping.
: They should settle in quite well I think.
:
: So a bit of advice, if you need a QI, visit a shelter.
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
: