Old January 30th 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT - 2 new QIs rescued

Congratulations Sharon and family... nothing warms the cockles of the heart
more than seeing kitties in need finding themselves a wonderful forever
home. Knowing just what kind of family they're getting, I think Merlot would
be pleased.
Blessings,
Renee

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
Yuppers, while I was slaving away at work today DH took the DDs to the
local
animal shelter to see the cats (something we've been doing since Merlot
passed). Maddy had reached the go-kart goal she'd been set and all
systems
were go.

Please allow me to introduce to you..... Maisie the Majestic (warning -
not
her best photo)

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

and Sampson the Sexy

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazru...cd.jpg&.src=ph

Maisie (2 years old) is Sampson's (18 months) mum, he was born when she
was just six months old and he is now double her size. They were found
abandoned in an old box at a factory and when they were found (October 05)
Sampson was still suckling mum!! Plus she was pregnant with another
litter
which the shelter, by law, had to abort. They had cat flu and so had not
been put on display and by the time they were over the flu, again by law,
the shelter was unable to put them on display because they'd had them
longer
than the 28 days they are allowed to keep all abandoned animals. So
they'd
had them out the back. DH found their pictures on the shelter's website
and
went in and asked to see them.

The poor volunteers were in floods of tears when we adopted them and gave
the cats lots of parting gifts, they were that happy to see them homed.

So at the moment Maisie is downstairs and Sampson is upstairs sleeping.
They should settle in quite well I think.

So a bit of advice, if you need a QI, visit a shelter.

quicker)