Old November 27th 18, 06:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Mega quilter problems

Just found that I can access the group and wanted to add my two cents about the Viking Mega Quilter to this many years long thread😋. I’ve had my Mega Uilter for about 5;years. I do not have it on a frame.. I purchased it strictly for machine quilting - (which I don’t really enjoy). I have never had a problem with mine, except for the needle threader. Someone commented about how difficult it is to thread and I agree, so whenever I have to change threads, I just tie the new thread onto the old thread and nine times out of ten, it goes all the way through the eye of the needle! I don’t know if anyone mentioned this, but the Mega Quilter is made by Janome. The dealer, who is a “master electrician”, (sounds impressive) told me that in his opinion, Janome makes the best machine on the market. I don’t know about that, but I found out after the fact that a friend of mine has the Janome version of the Mega Quilter and they are clearly the same machine with a couple of small differences.