Old September 24th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Denise in NH

Default What is your current project?

With my husband about to embark on 7 weeks of daily radiation for
cancer, I decided to put together a project to take with me while
waiting for him at the clinic. I'm making quilted placemats. The
preliminary appointments have taken enough time for me to get two
placemats done already, so I better find some more projects to work on.

Lately I've been hitting some great yard sales and buying lots of
material for next to nothing. Last weekend I found about 20 yards of
really pretty seasonal prints including 6 yards of a cream colored
cotton with bird houses all over it, a light green and chrome three
shelf folding, rolling,"island" type table for my stand mixer, a new
flash for DH's camera, and a bunch of other thingies for $20 at a Boy
Scout yard sale.

My fall projects will include washing lots of material. I also want to
finally put a back on a Christmas Nativity quilt I made a couple of
years ago. I do quilt regularly all summer, but I love snugging up the
house for the winter and hibernating in my quilt room. It's still too
soon to put the house heat on, but I have a little oscillating heater
under my sewing table. Only trouble with that is, the cat and two dogs
will all expect to huddle under there with my foot pedal, gets a little
crowded.

Denise