Old April 22nd 05, 01:48 AM
Jenny

"Abrasha" wrote in message
Jenny wrote:
Hi, everyone.

Would someone please inform me what this "ALP ITALY" mark is? I searced
the
Web a little and didn't find much, but I don't know the best sites to
search
anyway.

I found the stamp on the back of some silver jewelry I bought at some
recent
estate sales.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you ever so much.

Jenny

"ALP" may stand for "Alpacca", which is a common trade name for a nickel
silver
alloy.

http://pages.zoom.co.uk/leveridge/nickel1.html

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

That was very informative. Further researching the originator of the term
was also enlightening. It's clear now ALP means nickel-silver.

So... does nickel silver have different cleaning and care processes than
sterling?

Thanks.

Jenny