Old August 23rd 04, 01:42 PM
Boca Jan

Default Quilting Frame

Simply Quilts had directions for a quilting frame this morning. I was
impressed! I have a frame sitting in the garage that I never use because you
have to do all this set up that I'm just not willing to do, however this one
is so simple! 2 wooden sawhorses and 2 X 2 boards a couple of bolts and
voila! If you have to buy all the pieces it is under $40. If your husband
already has the sawhorse brackets you can borrow (laughs) them I guess, but
I think I'd rather have new ones since the whole set up is so simple. I'm
sure there are directions on the Simply Quilts web page. I have gone there
and they have all the programs listed by date.

For those of you who have never done hand quilting because you didn't have a
frame, this is great! I tried to do my hand quilting with a big hoop, but I
wasn't really happy with that, so the frame is the way to go. It doesn't
take up too much room - just push it up against a wall when you aren't
using it, and you can EASILY take it apart when you don't have a quilt on
it.

I am really excited about this. Guess I'll find someone who wants that frame
in my garage and build my own.

Boca Jan