Old October 24th 07, 08:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie

Default Email about listing in crafts sourcebook

Not me. Maybe someone else will chime in.

--
Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
-Michelangelo Buonarroti
"Val" wrote in message
Has anyone else gotten email about being listed in "Mary Engelbreit's Home
Companion Guide to Creative Living: A Sourcebook for Arts, Crafts and
More"?

It starts out:
Dear Bead Shop Owner,
The editors of Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion, a bi-monthly magazine of
art, crafts, and home decorating ideas serving over a million readers, are
creating an annual printed directory called Mary Engelbreit's Home
Companion
Guide to Creative Living: A Sourcebook for Arts, Crafts and More. .....

I got such an email today, and have just a slight uneasiness about it.
The
snailmail address and email domains don't match up to the actual publisher
of the Mary Englebreit magazine. The email does not ask for any of the
usual phishing details, just wants my snailmail so they can send the
invite.
I've emailed to the real publishing company, hope to get some verification
of the legitmacy (or not) of this.

Just curions

Val
--