Old July 13th 04, 02:21 AM
Kalera Stratton

Oh, I don't by any means think everyone automatically "ought" to do the
same thing! It's just what's right for our household. We have an odd
household anyway, with me being an omnivore and perfectly comfortable
with killing an animal... more so than with buying meat... and Moxley
being vegan, and the kids being in-between. I rarely eat meat,
occasionally eat eggs, and regularly consume organic dairy, but it's a
struggle to get enough protein because we try to limit soy, which isn't
good for anyone in large quantities. This is HARD because everyone
except Juliet and Ophelia loves soy milk! We eat a lot of beans and
lentils, and when we get chickens Moxley says he'll eat the eggs. That
will help. We won't be killing chickens for meat! I am too fond of them
as little birdy personalities to want to do that, and also... well, my
chicken aversion is prety ingrained.

Fish I LOVE, and I wish I could catch my own, as you do! That's not
feasible for me at this time, but in the future it may be.

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Jalynne wrote:
I really wish we could do that, but it's just not realistic for us. And on the other
hand, I can't go completely vegetarian, because I can't get the protein I need from
veggie sources (most of the vegetarian recepies I've read rely on soy products, which
I cannot have in any form), so I have to eat meat occasionally. We do, however catch
our own fish, so I guess that counts. We have meatless dinners 3-4 times per week,
though, and when we do use meat, it's as a side dish or garnish, as opposed to the
main part of the dinner. Lots of yummy fruits and veggies here.