Old November 21st 04, 10:07 PM
Patti

My MIL 'doesn't want anything' for Christmas (or birthdays come to
that). It is a nightmare. Last year we gave a Cat Rescue near us a good
sum of money to sponsor a little old cat (who couldn't be re-homed for
various reasons) in my MIL's name. This year I have given the task
(always done by me before now!) to my DH. I would like to do something
like buying a goat for Oxfam ...
One year we gave her a hamper full of goodies. It has become a
requirement that whatever we give her does not hang around and need to
be dusted and got rid of when she dies. So, consumables are an easy way
to go. Does she like home-baked things? a basket of fruit? that sort
of thing?
..
In article , georg
writes
I'd love a few suggestions for what to get Gram for kissmoose. She's
92, and will tell anyone that she doesn't want anything. I used to get
her pink catawba wine (because she would have half a glass with
dinner). When the doc made her stop, I bought her good chocolates. The
Doc made her stop that too, but I think she still needs fattening up.
She doesn't like the "fancy coffees" and rarely bothers making them for
herself any more (although she used to love them). She doesn't do much
crafty any more at all. Last year, she kindly gave mum assignments to
pass out to the grandkids, which we were VERY happy about. I had to
give her 4 Get Well Soon, 4 sympathy, 4 happy birthday cards. She did
not want more than that. And a crossword dictionary. My sis had to get
her a new tablecloth, since Mum was permitted to get her a new kitchen
table. If I make anything for her, she gets mad at me for "bothering."
She's also given back to us most of the pictures of us all that we have
given her over the years, in an effort to simplify everything.

I love my gram. But she hates having a fuss made over her, and I do
understand her perspective- that's why I have tried to give her
comestibles in the past. But there aren't a lot of times where I can do
anything for her, and kissmoose is one of those times.

What do you do for your mum or gram who is like that? And on behalf of
grandkids everywhere if you are like that- we do like the list idea or
a few hints Of course, if you were on this list and my gram, I'd
know what to send you- fabric- regardless of your SABLE status. Too bad
Gram doesn't want to sew any more.

-georg

--
Best Regards