Old July 6th 04, 05:14 PM
Kathy Applebaum

"Dannielle" wrote in message
Ok, I remember seeing wool batting being talked about, and recently had a
couple of good websites that people had bought wool batting from
before...but I can't find them! Help!

Does wool batting beard? Should it be finished with cheesecloth or
something? Any tips, hints or suggestions for us?

Probably depends on the brand.

I've switched to Hobbs Wool for all my personal quilts. No bearding
problems, does not need cheesecloth or any other device to hold it together.
It's washable, and a joy to work with. And when quilts are folded for long
periods, it springs right back (which is why I switched to Hobbs Wool)

I can't really recommend a place to buy it, as I buy bolts from my
wholesaler, but a quick Google search for "Hobbs Wool" will give you lots of
choices.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps