Old March 23rd 04, 10:03 PM
lula

Thanks so much for your compliments on my designs......my greatest joy
is in being able to create the next "great" illustration. I really love
creating "new" images.

The joy comes because of all the frustrations........for every good idea
I've accomplished, there are some not so good ones but I'm no longer
afraid to toss out bad paintings or stitchery.....a waste of time to try
resurrecting ideas that don't work.

I had Chocolotta playing in my mind since the early 90's!!! It took that
long before I was able to paint a version of her......but I still have a
version to paint that's eluding me at the moment.......might work out
better if I paint this Chocolotta on paper with watercolor rather than
on canvas.....gridding limits and hampers a certain amount of
creativity!

I want the second Chocolotta to have a "looser" look, more painterly
feelings......want to create a chocolate box look......ribbons, pinks
and creams, fat little cherubs holding swags of roses in the corners of
the curlicue gold frame border I want to paint and enclose another
reclining Chocolotta.......I'd also like to add a fluffy poodle.....
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

anne wrote:

lula said
I literally dance around with joy whenever I come up with a workable new
over the top character........it's a major accomplishment being able to
capture the just right expressions of these "funny" faces on gridded
canvas.

You need to get a webcam to share those dances with us ;-)

Today, I decided to stitch a model of Madame La Zora & Co, the over the
top fortune teller with her cat companions......she's the gleeful lady
on the front page of web site......

Madame is gorgeous but Chocolatta really says 'do me'. So much so, I may try my
hand at needlepoint ;-)

This needlepoint of Madame La Zora & Co is my "work" stitching......my
FUN stitching is to be an embroidery, a really fun piece titled More
Bitch than Stitch.....there's a computer screen with little puffs of
smoke and tiny flames shooting out......have already done a fun sketch
of the project so far.

I'd love to see that one. Email coming at you

--
another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply