Old August 3rd 20, 02:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Need thread opinions

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 5:42:10 PM UTC-4, Kay Lancaster wrote:

Just remember that hand embroidery threads are typically a final S twist, and machine threads are Z twist, so machine
threads will tend to twist and knot in the hands of a hand-embroiderer.

For hand embroidery, I'd probably use one of the Kreinik braids, and I'd consider couching it. For
machine embroidery, I'd probably use Kreinik also, and machine-couch it or do bobbin work. Superior
also makes some nice metallic threads.

Kay

You know Kreinik was my very first thought, then I discarded the notion because my usual places were totally sold out, or at least totally sold out of the colorways I need. I am back to my original first thought now because, DUH! Why not get it from the company's site?
This is a lace stitch deal involving dragons and butterflies and flowers in gloss silk ( a fancy do garment), so the blending filament would be the thing.
I really miss all y'uns and not just because I need folks to smack me in the face with the obvious some days...

NightMist