Old July 30th 20, 06:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Default Need thread opinions

You want a shiny metallic thread for for hand embellishment, what would you choose?

I am dithering between Mettler and Floriani at the moment, solely based on online photos. Maybe leaning slightly towards the Mettler only because what I've read tends to talk about the Floriani in conjunction with machine embroidery. Of course then they turn around and rhapsodize over how strong it is, and how well it lasts, so I am back to dithering.

The only thing available locally is DMC, which is excellent in it's place, but not the appearance I want. I need something shiny for this particular usage.

NightMist