Old July 2nd 08, 08:25 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Default Shaky hands

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
et...
I also stitch over pins all the time! Not only when piecing quilts, but
also when garment making. Set the pins at right angles to the seam, take
it easy on the speed, and try using thise Clover pins as they are
extremely fine and less prone to being hit by the needle in a drive-by
crash!
http://www.gursewingmachines.com/clo...g_sundries.htm

I've been sewing over pins for round about 50+ years and usually at full
speed ahead. So far no problems here. I know it's a big no-no but I'd
already been doing this for about 20 years when I found out I wasn't s'posed
to. I always found it fascinating to watch the looks of horror on teachers
in any sewing class I've taken.

Scoffs at danger!
Val