Old July 2nd 08, 07:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

Default Shaky hands

All I can suggest for you Sunny is to use your seam ripper as a third
hand for holding the fabric together close to the needle - I also use
it as an aid when I have an opening to sew closed (after birthing) -
it is possible to ride fabric through the "J" head of the seam ripper
without doing any damage and it is also possible to use the ripper to
apply tension to the fabrics that you are sewing. Are you able to use
your sewing machine and rest your arms or at least your left arm flush
with your sewing surface? jennellh

On Jul 1, 7:41*pm, Sunny wrote:
I'm working on some piecing that actually requires a bit of finesse
and my hands shake. I suspect I'm not the only one on this board with
hand shakes ..... but I am frustrated with it. Does anybody have
tricks, suggestions or advice for minimizing the problems caused by
shaking hands when piecing? I'm already using my single hole plate and
foot. It helps. But .....

Advice??

Sunny