Old October 14th 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.glass
michele

Default credit machines

i've been using my business bank and the knuckle buster for years, no per
charge fee/ free paper supplies, no equipment rental fee, etc. but it comes
to about 3% total charges. I just thought it might be time to get more
hi-tech if the cost was similar and not such a great learning curve involvd.
I haven't had bad luck often, maybe 60$ in the past 3 years in bad cards,
but i always ask for a phone #. Most often it's a simple clerical error, not
intentional(hell, for that amount?) and i've never had a bad charge on a
major piece. I could call it in but only do so if they seem nervous. So
which set-up and merchant bank do you favor? thanks, m

"diddly0909" wrote in message
select what model you think you need. I just use store and forward, but
most of my glass pieces are under $100.00
at art shows. I have one dude (stolen) credit card in the last 5 years.

you get a better rate for normal service vs mobil connect. i pay 1.35%

then go look on ebay.

shop around and get a good merchant service business partner.

"michele" wrote in message
Thanks, that's the info i needed.

"glassywoman" wrote in message
om...
go to artfairsourcebook forum: lots of info on various portable credit
machines and the ones that are being phased out.

greg of artfairsourcebook uses one of the slides with a treo or
blackberry and he goes "everywhere" selling his books and online
editions of artfairsourcebook.

www.merchantanywhere.com is the service most are using i think. m.