Old February 1st 05, 11:28 PM
Lisa Ellis

Kate Dicey wrote:

The Outdoor Education types - those who were doing a combination of
climbing/mountaineering, sailing, white water canoe stuff... Always
ripping gear and needing it mended. I ended up one afternoon with 3
blokes sitting in my room with no trousers on while I sewed bits back on
their breeks! They were also the crew who had me sewing the lorry tarp
(Ian's Land Rover [ex army and... hm... 'tatty' fits the bill!] needed a
new one made from a tarp that literally fell off the back of a lorry
onto his bonnet on the A1!), spray decks for the circumnavigation or
Ireland by kayak (all the way round with no land support team!), and
various other things like tent zips - for which I was payed in beer,
bottles of wine, free trips to Scotland (and guaranteed place in a tent,
rather than having to bivvy), and other things. I was dangled off
rocks, hauled up hills, given hypothermia and resuscitated from it,
dunked out of kayaks into the river, and generally shown a good time as
only mountain freaks can do it!

Now I know you had a good time in college...

lisae