Old September 19th 06, 08:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Default rolling mill questions

ted frater wrote:

If you roll say 2in wide by 1/8in thick it doesnt get wider. it gets
longer. I would cast silver 4in long by 2in wide by 1/4in thick and
tuern that into 1/16in thick strip.

Uhm Ted, you may not have noticed, but FYI, the OP was talking about 1.2 mm
wire, not what you describe. 2 x 1/8" indeed! Come on guy, wake up.

Never got wider.
yuor probably right with the sizes your talking about. I never had
the need to work round/square wire to flat strip.

So why do you give advice about matters that you have absolutely no experience
with? This is not fair to people who come here for real answers. If you don't
know, just be quiet please. Don't say things like "This one is something I can
help you with.", since obviously you can't. You only confuse the person asking
the question in providing inaccurate information by claiming expertise.

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com