Old January 18th 12, 04:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ellice K.

Default dilemma - to felt or not to felt and other "altered art"

On 1/17/12 9:27 PM, in article
, "Susan Hartman"
wrote:

On 1/16/2012 1:18 PM, Ellice K. wrote:

We have one friend where the husband does all the shopping. And he insists
on saving the teensiest little bits. It's pretty absurd - he'll get another
plate/bowl to save what isn't even a full serving of some veg or the like.
And of course, what usually happens is their fridge is full of all these
little containers with bits of leftovers - margarine containers, bowls with
cling film, whatever, which then don't get used and go bad. ...

Which puts me in mind of the old George Carlin joke: "I'm saving things
twice....first I save the food, then I save a life when the food turns
green and I throw it away!"

sue

Shared this with DH - who is a big George Carlin fan. Too true. Last year I
checked up on their food coop delivery while they were on vacation - getting
their fruits & veggies. When I went to put it away I ended up instead
spending about 2 hours emptying & cleaning out their fridge. From the
little containers right thru fresh stuff that was buried under newer stuff,
none of it in proper storage bags or whatever - and so turned into liquid or
mold or other disgusting things that should be used for biological warfare.
The wife thanked me profusely - and when the husband started to say anything
she just shut him up.

Ellice