Old March 20th 04, 11:35 PM
Kathy Applebaum

Most of my customers add 4 corner blocks of some kind, which gives you a
total of 30 blocks, for a 5 x 6 setting.

Putting on my math major hat he Since 26 only factors to 2 x 13, the only
way to make them "come out even" without adding or subtracting blocks is two
rows of thirteen, or thirteen rows of two. Not the most satisfying setting
for many people.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

om ,
remove the obvious to reply
"Mystified One" wrote in message
When doing alphabet blocks, I can't make the set of 26 come out even. No
matter how hard I try, I end up with one left or one blank space.

I even tried figuring out how to make the blocks with alternating blocks,

no
luck.

I've already got the ABC blocks, so I can't combine two at the end.

They're
redwork 8-inch blocks that I bought on ebay. Doing alternating blocks

that
are red and white would be ideal, I think, but I can't get them to come

out
even.

I'm curious how anyone else has done these, if they have. If not, how

would
you make them come out even?