Old April 14th 09, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Abrasha

Default How to melt a penny

Muso wrote:

As Abrasha pointed out, it's a poor way of
getting zinc

You got sum'n again' po' folk? ;-)

No, just poor folks with an attitude.

-- snip superfluous drivel --

Pennies are a poor way to add zinc to an alloy anyway

News flash -- I'm a po' boy!

With a High Speed Internet connection?

-- SNIP --

Peter, I know that you are a professional jeweler. But I am a
recreational metalworker, and this is a recreational group. I am
under no obligation to meet professional standards here. I am not
begging for leniency. I am simply refreshing your memory, for my own
memory is in good shape.

With all due respect, it seems that this is the wrong Usenet group for
you to post in. There is a better one, where you will get a great deal
more understanding and support for your issues then here. It is called
rec.crafts.metalworking. Check it out, I think you'll like it. FYI, it
is an unmoderated newsgroup. If you act like a fool, they will pounce
on you hard in a flash. Peter won't allow that here.

You'll also find a whole bunch of Southern Red Neck "po' boys" there,
who will be more than willing to sympathize.

-- SNIP --

I agree. But I plan on sticking with zinc for awhile. I will leave
the gold and silver to you rich folks! ;-)

Lose the attitude you seem to have about "rich folks". I don't think
you know much about "rich folks".

They'll love you over at rec.crafts.metalworking though. You're their
kind of guy.

BTW, how many Gingery machine tools have you built? You don't sound
like the kind of person who has built any.

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com