Old September 10th 04, 03:44 AM
Slgraber

i've seen those mister things. i like them but haven't bought any yet. i also
do bonsai trees and like the way they all complement in some bowl-planter
settings. the mist is certainly great for plants.

i like the looks of the earthtone planters. it contrasts nicely with the
grey-white fog.

and green plants contrast well also.

maybe play with a deep basin that you can make more shallow via adding marbles
or rocks?

see ya

steve

Subject: Mist/fogger fountain?
From: "Bubbles"
Date: 9/9/2004 2:47 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Hi everyone!

I just love those mist/fogger fountains and found a mist unit (with colors
that I can choose/change) that I can put in one.

As opposed to a "nomal" fountain, the mist fountains have this mist that
should move.

Should I design it so that the mist slips out onto the table, or maybe make
a dish that catches the mist?

There are small drops that are thrown into the air, and on testing the thing
in the kitchen today, the counter got pretty wet. I see that there are kinda
splash-guards placed over the apparatus to catch/stop the drops.

How deep should the mist part be? I realize it shouldn't be too deep, or the
mist won't run out (which is one of the coolest things!

I am thinking if I make something with a wall and put the mister against the
wall with a little "shelf" over it - or maybe something like an upside-down
bowl - that should cover the splashing problem.

Since there are diodes that color the mist (which I might or might not
use!), I suspect that the insides of the droplet-thing and probably the mist
bowl itself should be very light or white?

Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

Thanks for your input!!!

Marianne

steve graber