Old December 2nd 11, 07:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Default First step in shopping for a new machine-the viking dealer

Don't count on Viking being made in Sweden forever. Now all Viking,
Pfaff and Singer are all one company. I asked a Viking dealer if Viking
and Pfaff will pull Singer up,or if Singer will pull them down to their
level----answer-Singer will pull the other 2 down to their poor level.
Not good news
Gen

On 12/1/2011 10:40 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
Ah. Let me say a few kind words about Switzerland workmanship. I just
overcast a hem on 16 fleece crib blankets for Newborns in Need in under
3 hours. Those folks surely know how to make a fine SM. That makes me
smile; all the way around my head. Polly

"betsey" wrote in message
On Dec 1, 10:21 am, "KT in Mich" wrote:
Not sure if there is much difference, but you may want to check out the
Viking Sapphire 875Q. I absolutely love the features on it.

KT. in MI

"betsey" wrote in message

I checked out the viking 870 and 850. wow! lots of new stitches and
stuff that my 350 does not have! and, i really really liked the
machine. But...the stitch quality was no different from my 350.
that's not a bad thing, it's just a thing. i'm quite happy with the
350 in many respects.- Hide quoted text -

hi KT--

i was told that the 875 and 855 were made in china, wheres the 870 was
made in sweden....

betsey