Old October 2nd 04, 12:26 PM
Charlie

I didn't mean to sound harsh! Just that it probably wasn't a dig at the US!
More that most people from other countries don't have dimes or whatever
they're called lying around!

Charlie.

"Dawn Scannell" wrote in message
Well, now that I have both feet in my mouth, maybe I should just shut up.
Obviously that was an observation I should not have made a comment on.
Please accept my sincere apology.
Dawn

"Charlie" wrote in message
I'm sure it wasn't a subtle comment, I'm sure it was because that's the
coins they can get their hand on! I mean, if I wanted to show size
reference using a coin, I would bunt a 10p piece next to it. It

wouldn't
be
making a comment, it would be because that's what I had!

Charlie.

"Dawn Scannell" wrote in message
Oh, I'm sure they were!
It was just very unusual to see a coin that I didn't recognize for a

size
reference.
That was the first and only time I had ever seen that.
Maybe they were trying to make a subtle point about Americans us using
quarters and dimes. LOL!
Anyway, I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment.

Dawn

"Charlie" wrote in message

"Dawn Scannell" wrote in message

Once I saw a person list an auction with a *foreign* coin for size
reference, and it really struck my funny bone. I had no idea how

big
the
coin was in real life. For all I know, it could have been one of

those
honkin' a$$ big coins that you can only fit three in your pocket

at
time!..LOL!
Oh well, what can you do but =oD .....

But, they may have been foreign. Not everyone who lists on the

eBay.com
site is American!

Charlie.