Old August 21st 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Default family reunion: quilt shops in Bend, OR

So glad that you found my links helpful. The only shop I've been to is
Stitching Post and that was during Sister's quilt show. I would love to get
to Sew Many Quilts... So Little Time

--
Mary
"Irrational Number" wrote in message
link.net...
: This is a couple of weeks late. DH's big
: family reunion is every two years and this
: year, they picked Sunriver, OR, which is
: 20 miles south of Bend. It was fabulous
: seeing all the cousins and the kids had
: fun.
:
: Sunriver is about 40 miles from Sisters,
: so DH insisted that we make that trip to
: The Stitchin Post. I loved the store, but
: didn't have a project in mind and the store
: was so huge with so many beautiful quilts
: hanging, so I wandered aimlessly and ended
: up with a book and a calendar. Pillbug was
: very good; he sat on the bench at the front
: of the store and stimmed quietly. Rocky
: fell asleep so DH stayed in the car with him.
:
: DH and the rest of the family were stunned
: that I went to The Stitchin Post and did
: not buy fabric. I was a bit overwhelmed.
:
: Maryd was kind enough to post a list of
: stores in Bend before I went, so I used that
: to figure out where to go next. I went to
: Sew Many Quilts... So Little Time. (The
: nice thing about calling for directions in
: a small town like Bend is you can say "I'm
: in the parking lot at Fred's" and they'll
: know exactly where you are!) This time it
: was just Rocky and me, so I was able to
: get some fabulous blue fabric.
:
: We then went to Mountain Country Mercantile,
: which was absolutely lovely! Miles and miles
: of fabric. I got another book.
:
: The day before we left, DH had to take his
: brother to the Greyhound station. Turns out
: the Greyhound station was in Sisters, so the
: brother told DH to get some fabric for me.
: DH, ON HIS OWN, figured out a collection of blue
: fat eighths for me!!! I was totally astounded
: when he came back in with the package.
:
: It was a great trip. The reunion was wonderful
: enough, but to go to three quilt shops was a
: great bonus.
:
: -- Anita --