Old October 1st 03, 03:55 PM

Help with Picking a Brother machine

lid (joy=A0beeson)
mucho snippo
A thrift-shop machine is probably full of dirt and ossified oil, unless
the previous owner dropped dead while still using it.
---
Cea adds:
My plan, Exactly!! Drop in the traces, let someone else dispose of
the stash!
Oh, I buy machines from thrift shops all of the time, and have found
some fairly clean, usable models. Got a serger from a yard sale, $5.00,
and when I opened it, a half dollar fell out.
---
If you didn't get the machine from someone who repairs machines, take
it to a mechanic and have it cleaned and oiled, and have the mechanic
show you where all the oil holes are and tell you how often to drip in
how much oil.
---
Or, better yet, if the machine runs well, learn to clean and oil it
yourself, and pocket the $50--$60 cleaning charge.
Cea