Old November 5th 05, 07:39 PM
Marcella Peek

Default OT - Quilt Guild Games

In article . com,
"marbles_2" wrote:

As a new member of a quilting guild, I'm eager to learn all the
different things that go on. I've made a quilted nametag, and done
show-n-share, and know that there are friendship quilt squares, fat
quarter drawings, and various charity projects. ...... but so far I
haven't encountered Quilto. Should I be afraid? How is it played???
(This way I'll know when it's a good time to politely excuse myself, or
just stay for the action.)

Annie

We played it this way (which seems to be different from the rest)
The bingo card had squares and QUILTO on the top.

Some of the squares were blank
Some of the squares had things written in them like, quilts left handed,
loves the color orange, has a birthday this month, has at least 4
children, quilts by hand etc.

People were given the form and had to get other guild members to sign a
square. You could only sign a persons page once. Once everyones card
was filled we played. Bowls of wrapped candy were on the tables for
markers.

When people checked in to guild meeting they wrote their name on a slip
of paper. We put all those slips in a bag and drew from there.

Our ladies really liked it, but then it was a bit of a mixer as well as
the game. That, and we've only done it once so it's not like they'd
been playing it once a year for the last 5 years.

marcella