Old July 30th 03, 01:50 AM
Deirdre S.

grinning I'm sure he was...

.... and I understand wanting to be of service to those who are dear to
us. I am one who came rather late to the realization that I might be
interfering with their natural development by being -too- serviceable.
These days I am much more inclined to back off and give people space
to grow. And also to avoid taking the initiative too often, so they
learn that they can't always wait for someone else to plan things out
for them, and that there are advantages to doing things for oneself,
in exactly one's own way.

Deirdre

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:14:21 GMT, Marisa Cappetta
wrote:

I'm not sure if it was an impulse so much as early childhood care extended
beyond it's useful life; I was happy to do it and my son was more than happy
to let me!!