Old July 26th 03, 05:30 AM
Louis Cage

Thanks everyone for the help.

--
There are no mistakes, only unexplored techniques

"Mike Firth" wrote in message
Forget about Home Depot, which will have only the most common stuff, in
little bags, only a few of each, at a relatively high cost. What you

want
is probably what I bought from MSC ( www.mscdirect.com ) stainless steel
8-32 threaded spacers or stand offs, which you can see discussed at
http://users.ticnet.com/mikefirth/MFGL.htm#knobs (a bit slow to load)

These
are slightly larger (1/4th inch) than the ones in the kit (3/16") but look
okay [ several lengths, 67721647 as below, go to the page for other
sizes.1/4 In. O.D. Round Threaded Standoffs Type: Round Threaded Standoffs
Body Length: 3/4 Thread Size: 8-32 Material: Stainless Steel

Finish/Coating:
Bright $1.50

--
Mike Firth
Hot Glass Bits Furnace Working Website
"suzilem" wrote in message

"Moonraker" wrote in message
. ..

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 16:44:58 -0500, "Louis Cage"

wrote:

Does anyone have a source for the internally threaded inserts that

go
into drawer pulls and knobs?
I could get the refill kit, but $36.00 for 12 seems a bit pricey.
Thanks in advance.

If you live in or near a big city, try finding a McMaster-Carr

warehouse.
They are like a combination of WWGrainger and HomeDepot. They have

almost
any little fastener and the like....

oooooh! Thank you! They are the mother lode! Their webpage is very
helpful -- nice illustrations so now I can figure out what to call the
little thingamabob BEFORE I go to Home Depot.....

http://www.mcmaster.com/