Old February 13th 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default grrrrrrr. Price gouging OT

I include the shipping costs in the price of my item. I always send in
plastic bags and buy my own heavier manila envelopes but they work out to
just a few cents and when added to the $.52 to ship a FQ - thicker
enveloper - it's not that much. I never charge for postage unless it is
priority mail - it just doesn't seem right.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \
"teleflora" wrote in message
I would feel better if they would just tack an extra couple bucks on the
product and then charge ACTUAL shipping costs. This wouldn't work with an
auction, but the regular shops could do this. I know I pay more for a
product when I go where they charge No Shipping, but DAMN that makes me
happy!

Cindy And for the record, I think that the charge is for shipping AND
handling. Which would include the envelope and driving to the post
office, I guess.

"lisa skeen" wrote in message
ink.net...
Surfing around ebay this afternoon I found a FQ I liked, but the woman
wants $2 to stick it in an envelope and mail it. I emailed her and said
she could put it in an envelope and mail it for 39 cents, could she be
more reasonable on the shipping price. She said her prices were lower
than anyone elses, and she wasn't going to lower the shipping price.

It seems to me in the last six months or so, there have been more and
more people on ebay price gouging in the shipping department. Week
before last I calculated the shipping on a 5-ounce book via media mail,
$1.52. The guy wanted over $5 for shipping!

I can understand adding a bit in the shipping department if you have to
do a lot of packing, like I have to do for my pottery, but shoving a FQ
into an envelope, or a book even, that's a no-cost proposition other than
the postage. It's getting to the point where people want more for
shipping than you pay for the item. sigh I hate price gougers.

--
L. P. Skeen, Summerfield NC
Organized people are just too dang lazy to look for things.