Old February 13th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default grrrrrrr. Price gouging OT

"Jessamy" wrote in message
that's called price gouging - it's not a reasonable thing to do either and
for one would not accept that.

I don't like it either, but I don't think it would be considered price
gouging. In this country at least, price gouging laws are only trotted out
when retailers suddenly raise the price of necessities in anticipation of a
hurricane or other emergency.

Equating a 7-Eleven raising milk prices to double what they were before the
hurricane watch cannot be equated with someone on ebay charging what you
consider to be too much for the mailing of a book.

Someone else is right. If you don't buy from that ebay seller, he/she will
be forced to change their tactics. IN a free market, that is the only way
to make these changes.

If I want a book that costs $20 at the bookstore, I'm not going to buy that
book from an ebay seller that is going to charge me $10 for shipping.

Cindy