Old February 13th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default grrrrrrr. Price gouging OT

Give Half.com a try. They seem to have somewhat set shipping
charges. Always compare total price w/ shipping included to
make your decision with online orders. Tax sometimes factors
in also.
Media mail is cheap but can be very slow. Over a month is not
common but it has happened more than once here.
If we don't bid on the overpriced shipping the seller doesn't
sell the item. If that happens enough he will adjust things.
Taria

Witchystitcher wrote:
I wanted to order a $17 book -- media mail would have been the
cheapest, but even if shipped priorty, it shouldn't have been more
that $4. Amazon didn't carry it. Most places were charging between $7
and $10 to ship it, including Nancy's Notions and Clotilde. I did some
surfing and found a place that would ship for actual priority costs,
so it was $4.00. I ordered from them and bookmarked their site.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY