Old February 13th 06, 12:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default grrrrrrr. Price gouging OT

I wanted to order a $17 book -- media mail would have been the
cheapest, but even if shipped priorty, it shouldn't have been more
that $4. Amazon didn't carry it. Most places were charging between $7
and $10 to ship it, including Nancy's Notions and Clotilde. I did some
surfing and found a place that would ship for actual priority costs,
so it was $4.00. I ordered from them and bookmarked their site.

Linda
PATCHogue, NY

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:22:29 -0800, (Patti S)
wrote:

I agree the S&H charges are really getting nuts. I always check to see
how much they are, and heavily patronize those that charge actual
shipping costs and on occasion, offer free shipping. I remember reading
here once that someone cancelled an entire online order because of
shipping charges, and I have done the same thing. There are other
options.

Lisa - what's the name? color? brand of the fq you fell in love with??

Patti in Seattle

"If you are a dog and your owner suggests that you wear a sweater,
suggest that he wear a tail."
…Fran Lebowitz…