Old September 22nd 04, 01:09 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

Default ISO Yarn

Hi Guys,
OK -- so I know I can go to RCTY with this question but I *know* all of you
already. Besides, I know there are a lot of knitters and crocheters here and
those things *are* needlework :-)! I am looking for a source of angora yarn in
some shade of turquoise or aqua and white. I Googled angora yarn and you can
just *imagine* the number of results!!! I only need 1 skeing or ball of the
color and 1 of white -- and they can be really *small* too!
Here's the story -- you just *knew* I had a stroy, I bet. DH and I are the
proud new parents of a 1968 Mustang 2+2 Fastback and her name is Lucille. She
is white with a 2 tone aqua interior which is actually more like a turquoise.
I want to knit a mirror warmer for the rear view mirror. Now, I should imagine
that there are a few of you who will remember mirror warmers from your jaded
youth. Anyway *any* car of that era that has a 21 tone aqua (aka turquoise)
interior really *needs* an angora mirror warmer -- hence the search!
I haven't knitted in ages but making a mirror warmer doesn't require great
knitting skills -- LOL! I even have the knitting needles -- drug them out of
my *very old* stash. What I don't have and can't seem to find ***this side of
the pond*** is a source for 100% angora yarn! I bought some of that eyelash
stuff cuz' I really like it but it gave me fits when I tried to knit with it!!!

So, can any of you recommend a yarn shop online that carries 100% angora in
some sort of shade of aqua or turquoise color? I could spend the rest of my
life Googling for this! OOO -- maybe I will find a yarn shop in Lizard Land.
have to ask Rachel Duke if she knows of one!! We are gonna "do" the LNS on the
West side -- maybe we can squeeze in a yarn shop too :-)))! CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!
Online Photos at http://community.webshots.com/user/tiamary