Old February 15th 04, 08:27 PM
WKT

Hi Pat,

How do you control the powder size of the EP when you use the coffee
grinder? I tried this to make my own detail powder and ended up with a real
mess. Really, really fine powder that just went everywhere. When I tried
to emboss with it, it just flew everywhere around the paper and was a
nightmare to clean up. And I didn't grind it very long either.

Karen
"Pat Kight" wrote in message
Cecelia Medbery wrote:

Have you experimented with using different colors of ink and embossing
powders? I can't remember who told me about this, but I started using

black
under gold powder...gives it a "richer" look.

Yes - and red or green under gold are interesting, too; the former gives

it
a warm undertone that works beautifully with Asian images, and the latter
adds a kind of antique patina.

I mostly don't use colored EP, mainly for economic reasons - I'm afraid
that once I get started there will be no end to it! I have economy-sized
jars of clear and gold ultra-thick EP, and use an old coffee grinder to
whir them into smaller granules if I want something like detail powder.

--
Pat Kight