Old October 23rd 04, 11:00 AM
E.R.Somdahl

Make your own rollers out of clay and bisque them. Make them about as
long as your hand and about two fingers thick. Center holes in each end
and after they are fired make a handle out of clothes hanger wire that
snaps into these holes.

On 10/22/04 9:33 PM, Slgraber wrote:
meridith - you hit on something i work to a sickness! TEXTURE! send me e-mail
and i'll send you some JPG files of pots & tools.

i've used saw blades, doillies, lace, toy truck tires (really Knarly Wheels
Man!), paint rollers, pasta cutters (wheels), pastry cutters (wheels), cake
decorating tools (tupperware and steel versions), rope & twine, pizza cutters
(the ones with saw teeth), tools for cement work, wood bark, stones, sand,
rice, saw dust.

i started making my own wheels and have versions with thorns, blades, X's and
Y's and O's, and zig zags, etc. (easiest understood with JPG pictures).

gather wallpaper tools to get blank rollers. scribe into these rollers or add
features to get other results.

it's a sickness! watch out or you'll get the bug! when i see large off road
trucks i wounder what i could do with their tires...

see ya

steve

Subject: Texture ideas please
From: (Marmaj40)
Date: 10/21/2004 11:39 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Meridith: There are so many things with which to make textures---look in the
garden--leaves of all sorts, check out your kitchen drawers, look in your
jewelry box. I am always looking at earrings, charms to make cute stamps.
Roll pine branches on the clay. Plastic mesh bags that onions come
in---waffle
weave rubber rug mats. I always have my eyes open for objects with which to
texture---it's like a game for me.
Good luck and have fun.
Martha

steve graber