Old October 23rd 04, 12:16 AM
CNB

Have you tried crochet doilies or anything that has been crocheted makes a
nice imprint. I have used lace and it looks really cool. I've used those
tiny pastas that's shaped like a tiny teardrop and they worked well. The
ones that are about the size of a rice. They just get soft in the wet clay
after a while. They will burn out or you can remove them later with a needle
tool if they bother you. I've thought of, but haven't done it yet, alphabet
pasta. Tree bark is really cool if you can find some that is really textured
nicely. I've used clippings from all kinds of weeds or trees in my yard and
they look really cool. Well you ought to have some pretty good ideas. I'm
sure you will start looking at everything in a different way. Just get a wet
clay pad and start pressing different things in it to see how it comes out.
Rub it smooth again and try something else till you find some things that
you like. Then start pressing them into your made pieces. With foliage you
can leave it in to burn out later or you can remove it after it's been
impressed.
Have fun,
Crystal

news | Hi. I am new to this news group. I am taking a ceramics 2 class this