Old October 22nd 04, 03:49 AM
Meridith Davis

Default Texture ideas please

Hi. I am new to this news group. I am taking a ceramics 2 class this
semester at college. I have been enjoying lately using material pieces to
texture my clay. What I am needing help on for idea is on using other items.
I have heard something about using items like grass and such to texture
pieces, but didn't know if theres some do's and don'ts along with it. My
instructor only recomends using cloth's, which im bored with now, though an
idea that I came across tonight about using lace could be an interesting
texture.

Ideas of any type are welcome. Oh, I had seen on some site online, the use
of rice for texture. But it mentioned that any pieces that had been left in
would 'pop' out, not just burn up. I am not sure if that would be safe for
other pottery being fired at the same time as mine, considering that I am in
a class, so could be as many as 50 other pieces being fired at the same time
as mine, that belong to other students.

Thanks

Meridith