Old November 24th 04, 02:26 PM
Tinkster

Default AD/Request for input - Offering Gift Certificates? Pros and cons...

I've been offering gift certificates for sale (but only to those
who've asked) for the past year now. So far, it seems like a win/win
situation, but I thought I'd ask here if anyone has had a bad
experience, from a seller's standpoint. I'm asking because I am now
promoting the gift certificates on my site instead of just offering
them to those who ask.

Most of my gift certificate sales are to spouses or SOs, and it's
worked out well for all involved: The gift-giver doesn't have to
figure out exactly what to buy, they don't have to try to nab
something before it's sold and the gift recipient has the fun of
shopping for "free".

The one downside I've noticed (and it's not really much of a downside,
just a noticeable thing) is that quite often, the person spending the
gift certificate has a harder time making up their mind than usual. No
biggie, just a noticeable thing.

How about your experience? Pros? Cons? Advice?

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm