Old December 30th 05, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default OT I can type again!!

Friends just said a cool change had hit the CBD but we certainly haven't
felt it out here. We cut short DD1s go-karting practice this morning as I
could tell by her times she was getting tired and hot. I have a feeling
tomorrow we will miss it totally - 43C I believe. shudder Instead we
are going to spend some of my Christmas money on a new kettle and toaster.
Saw the prices in one store yesterday and nearly keeled over $180 for the
two - just because I want a cordless kettle, 4-slice toaster and stainless
(the shiny grey stuff) rather than white. Jeeze That just kills me it
does.

quicker)

"melinda" wrote in message news:1135913553.13356@idlweb...
Cheryl in Oz cawaitesATnetconnectDOTcomDOTau wrote:
Just heard the forecast for NYE - 42C in Melbourne so higher out here!
That's about 110F!

It is no longer a matter of if we have fires - but how many there will

be!!!
There were 43 around the state in NSW last week, and houses were lost in
Canberra yesterday.

My thoughts will be with the volunteers who will be out there risking

their
lives to fight the fires and protect lives and property.

It looks like some idiot may have started a grass fire up the valley
in this area (near Bayswater power station). It's hot here, but not
as hot there and tomorrow is going to be hot every where! We have a
southerly change forecast for late new years day.

--
Melinda
http://cust.idl.com.au/athol