Old September 6th 04, 02:49 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Marcella Tracy Peek wrote:

I'm with you. I think it's tacky to expect that of guests -
particularly guests who have not been warned. I really dislike showing
up at someones house and being imposed on that way. I am generally cold
and at times will be ok with shoes and no socks, but have been caught at
a no shoe house and frozen in my bare feet. Had I known, I would have
worn socks or brought slippers or something.

marcella
actually rarely wears shoes but always wears socks in the house and lets
guests do what makes them comfortable.

This is a pet peeve of mine. It seems that a *lot* of people in this
area insist upon no shoes in the house, and I hate it. I also have foot
problems and should not go barefoot on hard floors, but that's not the
only reason I get upset. After all, if I've been invited to a party or
something, I've taken a reasonable amount of care with my apprearance.
I'm also very good about wiping my feet before coming inside.

OTOH, I get really irritated with DH, who won't stay on sidewalks, so he
brings in the gook from the road (blacktop gets pretty messy in the heat
here) and tracks it all over the house.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1